The A's play a 3-game set against the Indians over the weekend. Does anyone have a remedy to help me stop puking every time I see Swisher in an Indians uniform?
Note: This GOG is a little on the un-conventional side, so my apologies if you don't like it.
1. Series Outcome: 3 games [3 points]
2. Top 2 Starters: Choose the starting pitcher from either team who you think will be among the top two in each category. If more than two starting pitchers tie for the best results in a category, any of them will score the points. Only name one starting pitcher per category. The categories: Most IP / Fewest ER / Fewest H / Fewest BB / Most K. [2 points each] [10 total]
3. Top 3 Hitters: Let's break this one up by team. For each team, choose the position player who you think will be among the top three in each category. If more than three position players tie for the best results in a category, any of them will score points. Only name one position player per team per category. The categories: Most H / Most XBH / Most HR / Most BB [2 points each] [16 total]
4. First 4 Relievers: Choose who you think will be the first four relievers to be called upon in the series from either team. Repeated relievers amongst the first four do not count (i.e. if each team only uses one reliever in Game 1 and the same relievers are the first ones out for Game 2, they do not count twice; the next two unique relievers would round out the first four). [3 points each] [12 total]
5. Top 5 WPA: Choose the position players from either team who you think will be amongst the top five in single-game WPA. If a position player has more than one of the top five single-game WPAs, he will only be counted once. [2 points each] [10 total]
6. Bonus 6 points: For each game and each team, guess whether a Starting Pitcher or a Reliever gets the Win/Loss decision. [1 point each] [6 total]
57 points possible. Answers due by 7:05pm on Friday.