The A's take a break from tearing up interleague play to play the Royals, who are sitting in third place in their division at two games under .500. Oakland swept KC earlier this year in a trio of tight ballgames.
1) Series outcome (3 points)
2) The Ozzie Question Grant Baflour is one save away from tying the record set by Dennis Eckersley for the most consecutive saves by an A's pitcher. Does he tie the streak? Does he set a new record? Does the streak end? (1 point each, 3 points total)
3) Former A's Jonny Gomes has delivered a couple of clutch hits this years for the Sox. Cliff Pennington is hitting .227, or .006 points higher than La Potencia. Predict Gomes' PA/H/K/RBI. Then do the same for Penny. (2 points each, 16 points total)
4) The All-Star Game The AL and NL All-Star rosters will be revealed Saturday. Do the A's have a position player representative? Do they have more than one All-Star? (2 points each)
5) Cleaning Up Yoenis Cespedes has hit just .190 batting fourth in the A's lineup. Billy Butler's at a clip of .298 when hitting cleanup. Say Cespedes/Butler/Tie for each: More strikeouts/More walks/More RBI/More LOB (2 points each, 8 points total)
6) Starters The A's and Royals both rank near the top of the AL in team ERA. Predict which starting pitcher from each team gets more: Strikeouts/Walks/Earned Runs/Hits/Pitches (Two guesses for each category, one A's and one Royals - 10 guesses total) (2 points each, 20 points total)
(52 points total)