Who would have predicted A's would be in such a great spot with Yoenis and Reddick hitting .219 and .220? The next 8 days the chance for the A's to create some distance from Texas. A win today get things started--then the A's could use some help from the Halos (Weaver pitching Monday) MTW. The A's finish the week hosting the Rangers. After Sunday, the Rangers have a favorable stretch with many games against the Astros and Maniners--so they will also need a little help from the King!
1. Peavy. I would take a Peavy, Colon, Parker rotation in the postseason!
2. Anderson. To the pen. He could come in early if need be, or even close.
3. B. Wilson. Add Wilson. A postseason pen with Balfour, Cook, Doolittle, Anderson, and Wilson, filled with experienced. Let BoMel go to battle with that group.
4. Alexei Ramirez. Lowrie can hit...but his range at SS limited. Ramirez would also give BoMel more flexibiity, and a shot of D this team.
5. One more bat, it might even be the red hot Michael Choice? I would love to bring Raj Davis back for speed and a rt. handed bat.
(6. It was be great shot in the arm for the team and fan base to extend contracts on current players. Start with Balfour.)