The A's come out of the All Star Break having won the past six consecutive series. Lucky for them, they start the "second half" with a three game set against the slegnA! So... well.... ummm... let's just go ahead and claim that the A's have won seven consecutive series, shall we? Sounds good to me! The A's come out of the All Star Break having won seven consecutive series even though they have yet to play the seventh series! Done.
1. Series Outcome: 3 games vs the slegnA [3 points]
2. Starters: For each starting pitcher in the series, guess whether they get a Win, Loss or No Decision. [2 points each, 12 total]
3. Relievers: For each team's bullpen, guess Over/Under/Tie: 8 IP / 4 ER / 1 Save / 7 K / 4 BB [1 point each, 10 total]
4. Home Run Derby: Hey! We've got the reigning Home Run Derby champ on our team! Think that clocking 32 dingerz on Monday night messed up his swing? It'll be Cespedes vs. the-rest-of-us. How many HR does Cespedes hit this series? How many HR do the rest of the A's hit this series? How many HR do the slegnA hit this series? [3 points each, 9 total]
5.Snubbed "All-Star": How does what should have been the A's "All-Star" compare to the slegnA's "All-Star"? Predict PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series for both Josh Donaldson as well as Mike Trout. [2 points each, 20 total]
6. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Reddick," he can lead the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) [2 points each, 12 total]
66 points total. Answers due by 7:05pm on Friday.