Welcome to the All Star Break! I know that for some of you, this is the most exciting point in the baseball season! Opening Day? Snoozer. The Playoffs? Please. The World Series??? BOOORRRIINNNGGGG!!!! But the All Star Break?!?!? EXCITEMENT all covered with milk chocolate, dunked in creamy dark chocolate and drizzled with little bits of white chocolate! Oh, so much chocolate. But I digress... Let's have a little fun this week while we wait for our FIRST PLACE A's to get back to business.
1. The Derby: Who wins the Home Run Derby? How many Home Runs does the winner hit in Round 3? [0 points each, 0 points total]
2. La Potencia: How many Home Runs does Cespedes hit in each round of the derby? [0 points each, 0 points total]
3. Back! Back! Back! Back!: According to this deadspin article from 2009, Chris Berman has said the word "Back!" between 1,216 and 3,648 times over the years. A USA Today article from 2010 adds another 69 to that total. How many times does Chris Berman say "Back!" on balls that are hit for Home Runs? How many times does Chris Berman say "Back!" on only Cespedes's Home Runs? [Non-HR hits excluded for both questions] [0 points each, 0 points total]
4. ASG: Who wins the All Star Game? Does Balfour get the Save? [0 points each, 0 points total]
5. ASS: Multiple-Choice question:
Is Bud Selig a total douche-bag for making the All Star Game "count" for home field advantage in the World Series?
c) HELL YES!!!!
d) All of the above [-500 points if you answer incorrectly]
0 points possible. Answers due whenever.