Grade your last GOG here,
The Chicago Cubs are coming to the Coliseum for the first time in a hundred years. Wait that's how old Wrigley Field is, The Oakland Coliseum is only approaching 50 years. The A's play a three game set against the Cubs starting on Tuesday and wrapping up on the Forth. Unfortunately for the Cubs their first visit to Oakland is in a year where the A's are playing some great Baseball Coming off of a 2-1 series against the St. Luis Cardinals and not showing any slowing.
1) Series outcome: (3 points)
2) 500K’s Vs. 1 Shutout: Opening the series at the coliseum will be A.J. Griffin vs Scott Feldman. They are sporting a 3.56/3.46 ERA respectively and both have a .500 or better win record. For the match up please predict Griffin’s IP/H/ER/BB/K. Now do the same for Feldman (2 points each) Do either of them Strike out the side? (1Point, 21 total)
Griffin’s 5,2IP/1o H/7ER/1BB/6K. Rusin’s 3.1IP/6H/3ER/0BB/2K Neither of them struck out the side.
3) Red Sox Centerfielders: Each team in this series has an old Red Sox player playing center. They have also been A’s players for that matter. If you haven’t guessed already I’m talking about Oakland’s Coco Crisp and Chicago’s Ryan Sweeney. Predict Coco’s PA/H/RBI/HR. Now Predect the same for Sweeney. (2 points each) Will either of them successfully steal a base? (1 Point, 17 total)
3) Right field. New question all together since Sweeney is hurt. We will move over one to the right and talk about Nate Schierholtz the former San Francisco Giant vs Josh Reddick the outfield beast. Predict Reddick’s PA/H/RBI/HR. Now Predect the same for Schierholtz. (2 points each) Will either of them successfully steal a base? (1 Point, 17 total)
Reddick 8PA/0H/0RBI/0HR --- Schierholtz 14PA/2H/0RBI/0HR Neither steal a base.
4) Fourth of July. I will be at the Fourth of July game to get my Picnic Blanket. These will all be about that day. Will Oakland hit a Homerun? No Which color wins the dot race? (Green, Gold, White. If they happen to use Red White and Blue, Green will be Blue and Red will be Gold) Green Is the game errorless? No Will we see Balfour in the game? Yes Do the A’s win? Yes (1 point each, 5 total)
5) Trading Season. Does either team make a trade during the series? If so which team? (1 point each, 2 total)
6) UnTimely Hitting. Name as many players from either / both teams as you like who Strike out with a runner in scoring position during the series. Score 3 points for each guess you get correct, take one point away for each incorrect guess. No negative points accumulate, so worst you can get for this question is 0 points. Potentially a lot of points possible. (Taken from My_Cat_Max)
A’s: Jed Lowrie, Brandon Moss, Josh Reddick, Seth Smith Cubs: Brian Bogusevic
7) Take out your ‘Pens For this one pick a bullpen A’s/ Cub’s / Tie. Which bull pen strikes out the most? Walks more batters? Gets more Saves? Gets more wins? Gives up the most Earned runs? Pitches the least number of total innings? (1 point each, 6 points total)
Strikeouts: A's (5A’s/4Cubs), Walks: Cubs (1A’s/5Cubs) Saves: A’s (2A’s/1Cubs) Wins: A’s (1A’s/0Cubs) Most Earned Runs: Cubs (1A’s/3Cubs) Least Total innings: A’s (7.1A’s/7.2Cubs)
(50+ points for the series)