The A's just finished a forgettable week against the Mariners and Rangers, but all is not lost! Several Athletics are playing extremely well right now, and there is every reason to believe that this current 2-5 stretch will be a short-lived slump.
On today's episode of the Phil Naessens Show, we discuss those hot players, as well as a couple of key guys who are struggling. In an exciting new development, you will find a media player embedded right here on the page on which you can listen to the show - Bud Selig may hate technology, but we embrace it here at Athletics Nation! My segment starts at 32:20 and goes for about 24 minutes.
Give it a listen and leave your feedback in the comments!
And now, a Daily Link Dump courtesy of Torrey's Tacos. I bring to you...Torrey's Taco Stand!
- Gwen Knapp of Sports On Earth writes about the ongoing feud between Oakland and San Jose for the affections of the Athletics.
- The A's third spot in the lineup has been terrible.
- John Jaso Jingleheimer Schmidt, his pitch is your pitch too.
- Jose Valverde has been DFA'd. Now who will blow saves to make Fosse scream?
- Matt Holliday wouldn't even put in the effort to zip his pants.
- On this day a year ago, Derek Norris was called up.
- D-No caught Dee Gordon stealing in the ninth inning of his first game. He wouldn't throw anyone else out until Norris Smash and #Melvin Approved on September 14 when he got Xavier Avery to end the game. Cespedes finished this one off with a walkoff.
Dump away in the comments!