The A's just played the Mariners last weekend, at home and lost the series 2-1. Now, the Mariners host for another three-game series in the Pacific Northwest. Can the A's repay them and get revenge in this series?
1. Series Outcome. Guess the Outcome of the Series. (3 points)
2. The Rematch. Just last Sunday, two of this year’s top pitchers in the AL faced off. Colon started off shaky but turned it around for a very good start and win. Iwakuma started off strong but then got shaky and ultimately handed the game to the bullpen and they proceeded to give up 4 home runs. The two will face off again on Friday - for each pitcher guess: IP/H/ER/BB/K. (2 points each). (20 total points)
Colon: 8 IP/7 H/3 ER/2 BB/4 K
Iwakuma: 7 IP/6 H/4 ER/0 BB/6 K
3. The Righties. We are in the midst of a long streak of facing all right-handed starters leaving the right-handed platoon players (Rosales, Freiman, Norris) without many plate opportunities. For those 3 combined, guess: PA/H/RBI/K. (2 pts each) (8 total points)
10 PA/1 H/0 RBI/5 K
4. Home Runs: Last weekend, the A’s/Mariners had total of 7 HRs over the three games, though it seemed like many more given that the series ended with the A's unloading for 4 home runs. Guess total combined home runs in series. (2 points) Guess any number of players for each team to hit a home run in the series, if you think a player will hit more than one home run, list them twice. (2 points per correct guess, minus one point for each incorrect guess) (2 points, and then variable)
11 HRs. Hrs: Ibanez x 3; Cespedes x2; Crisp; Lowrie; Franklin; Gutierrez; Moss; Morales
5. Who are the Heroes? Guess position player on each team with highest WPA for each game. (2 points for each correct guess) Guess which game you think each of your guesses will be the highest WPA. (1 extra point for each player guessed with correct game) (18 total points possible)
Game 1: Cespedes, Franklin
Game 2: Lowrie, Ibanez
Game 3: Moss, Ibanez
Total points possible, 51 + variable for Question 4. Answers due by 7:05 p.m. on Friday.