The A's start their 7 game roadtrip with a four game set in Texas. So far, Texas has lost 6 games in a row! Can the A's keep this trend alive? The A's come in to the series 3 games ahead of Texas in the standings, and hope to come out of this series ahead by even more! Let's Go A's!
1. Series Outcome: 4 games (4 points)
2. Heavy Hitters: Beltre, Cruz and Murphy combined have averaged on a per-game basis: 1/2 of a HR, around 3 Hits, around 1 BB, exactly 2 K, and a little less than 2 RBI. For this Texas Trio combined for the four game series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 2 HR / 12 H / 4 BB / 8 K / 8 RBI. [2 points each, 10 total]
3. Pick an A: Choose ONE of either Cespedes, Donaldson or Moss, and predict his PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. [3 points each, 15 total]
4. Game Score 50/50: For each game in the series, predict which pitcher gets the higher Game Score. [2 points each, 8 total] Unfortunately for me, any time there's a 50% chance of getting something correct, there's a 90% chance that I get it wrong! So, if you're like me and you end up getting ALL FOUR guesses wrong, then you get 3 points for your futility!
5. Relief: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 10 IP / 5 ER / 2 Saves / 10 K / 4 BB (1 point each, 10 total)
6. WPA Goatz: Name the position players with the lowest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 8 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the lowest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Sogard," he can suck for the A's in any of the four games for you to score points. If he sucks in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) (2 points each) (16 total)
63 points possible. Answers due by 5:05pm on Monday.