The A's limp into the weekend series against the Royals having lost their last three series since winning in NY! Let's hope the A's are a Royal pain in KC's you-know-what!
1. Series Outcome: (3 games) (3 points)
2. Hot Coco: Crisp is back! How does he do in his first full series back from the DL? Guess his PA / H / XBH / K / BB for the series. (2 points each) (10 total)
3. Big Bats: Both Billy Butler and Alex Gordon have been hot lately for KC. How do they compare with Josh Donaldson and Yoenis Cespedes? For each pair of batters combined stats, guess which pair has: More Hits / More XBH / More RBI / Fewer K for the series? Guess A's / Royals / Tie for each. (2 points each) (8 total)
4. Pair of Aces: I'll anoint James Sheilds as KC's Ace. You get to choose the A's Ace. Let's pit them against each other (steel cage not required). Pick one A's starting pitcher to compare to Sheilds. Guess Sheilds / <A's Starter> / Tie for who has: More IP / Fewer ER / More K / Fewer BB in his start. (You must state your starting pitcher even if you're going to guess Shields for all guesses so we know who you're comparing him to!) (2 points each) (8 total)
5. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Cespedes," he can lead the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) (2 points each) (12 total)
6. At the Ballpark: I'll be at the Saturday Night game, so here's a grab-bag of questions about that game.
a) Which color wins the Dot Race (Green/Gold/White)? (1 point)
b) Which hat hides the ball in the Cap Caper (1 / 2 / 3)? (1 point)
c) How many minutes does the Fireworks Show last (+/- 1 minute)? (1 point)
d) What's the attendance (+/- 2000)? (1 point)
e) Most importantly, do the A's win on Saturday? (1 point) (5 points total)
47 points total. Guesses due by 7pm on Friday.