The A's have lost 3 consecutive series coming into this one. Boy, do they need a break! Hopefully the slegnA have the cure for the bug the A's caught after the Astros series! There's nothing like starting a new winning streak after the walk-off win on Sunday!
1. Series Outcome: (3 games) (3 points)
2. Fresh Face: Apparently, Straily is being called up to take Anderson's start on Monday. Predict his IP / H / ER / BB / K for his start on Monday. Does he get his second win in his second start of the season? (2 points each, then 1 point, 11 total) [Guesses go towards whoever pitches on Monday if Straily is not called up.]
3. La Potencia: Cespedes is back in the A's lineup! How much does he help? Predict his PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. (2 points each, 10 total)
4. Power Outage: Pujols and Hamilton have not lived up to their inflated contracts yet. For both hitters combined in the series, guess Over / Under / Tie: 8 H / 4 XBH / 2 HR / 2 BB (including IBB) / 6 K (1 point each, 5 total)
5. Bullpen Blues: For each team's bullpens for the entire series, predict: Saves / Blown Saves / Wins / Losses (8 predictions total) (1 point each, 8 total)
6.Starz 'n Goatz: Predict one position player from each team who will have a positive cumulative WPA (Fangraphs) for the series and one from each team who will have a negative cumulative WPA for the series. 4 predictions total. (2 pts each, 8 total)
7. B-Day Bonus: The A's s**t a brick on my birthday (April 19, lost to the Rays 8-3). Do they do any better for either my wife's b-day (April 29) or my Dad's b-day (May 1)? Guess Win/Loss for those two games. (1 point each, 2 total)
47 points total. Guesses due by 7:05pm Monday.
[Note: I won't be able to post the answers until late Wednesday evening.]