Some big storylines around baseball today. Here are a few:
- Zach Greinke has a broken collarbone after being involved in last night's benches-clearing brawl between the Dodgers and Padres. In that same article, you can read about how Matt Kemp and Carlos Quentin got into a postgame fight in the player parking lot. I'm not kidding.
- Major League Baseball has paid the South Florida clinic Biogenesis to obtain documents that should shed some light on who has been using what. This is the same clinic that our beloved Gio Gonzalez was tied to, even though it seems unlikely at this point that there's any wrongdoing on his part.
- Michael Morse has suffered a fractured hand.Yes, the same Michael Morse who treated our pitching staff like golf tees about 10 days ago. Seattle fans probably aren't the happiest.
- Let the "Mike Scioscia is on the hot seat" articles begin. Check out former Angel Trevor Bell's tweet in this one, in which he pretty much entire places the blame for the Angels' early-season struggles on Scioscia. Hmm.
- Side note: This is ESPN.com's MLB home page. They have 16 articles on their front page, good enough for more than one about every MLB game played yesterday. See if you can find where they mention the A's, owners of an eight-game win streak! (Hint...they don't).
Lots more stuff today, too. As always add anything you find interesting in the comments below.