The A's are on quite a roll after sweeping both the Astros and Angels and get welcomed home to a chance to redeem themselves for last year's ALDS loss! Reddick should be back in the lineup after slamming his right wrist into a wall in Houston. Let's hope the padding on the Coliseum walls is a little softer!
1. Series Outcome (3 games) (3 points)
2. Pitching Prowess: Which starting pitchers go the deepest? Rank all six starting pitchers for this series in order of number of innings they pitch from most to fewest. (2 points for each pitcher in the correct order; ties score points if the tied pitchers are still in correct order when swapped; 12 points total)
3. Snake Eyes: Both Aces pitch against each other on Saturday! Who's gonna pitch better? Guess Anderson's IP / ER / H / BB / K (2 points each). Now do the same for Verlander. (20 points total) (If either is scratched, guesses go towards their replacement.)
4. Missing Hunter?: We just faced a Hunter-less Angels squad, yet get the pleasure of facing him with his new team. How badly do the Angels miss his bat? Guess Torii Hunter's PA / H / XBH / BB / K for the series. (2 points each) (10 total)
5. Power Hitters: The A's start this series leading the AL in homeruns with 18! The Tigers? They have 5. Yes, 5. The A's also beat the Kitties in total XBH with 44 vs. 15! Does this trend continue this series? Guess A's or Tigers who have more H / XBH / HR for the series. (2 points each) (6 points total)
6. High WPA: Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Reddick," he can lead the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) (2 points each) (12 total)
63 points total. Answers due by gametime on Friday!