1. Series outcome (4 games) [4 points] Bonus: I'm going Thursday and I want to see a win. If the A's win on Thursday AND you guessed the A's to win the series (either 3-1 or sweep), give yourself two points.
2. Well, there's no other way to put it, the A's got their asses handed to them the last time these two teams met. Guess over, under or tie for the Angels' hitters combined in the series: 36 H / 6 HR / 18 RBI / 11 BB / 2 batters that have a Francesco's AB* [2 points each]
*A 10+ pitch AB and get on base
3. As of right now (Sunday night), the Marlins, Cubs, and Astros have been eliminated from their division races. By the end of Thursday, how many additional teams will be eliminated? [3 points] Name the teams that are shown the door. Guess as many teams as you want; for every correct team you get two points, for every team you guess that is not eliminated, you lose two. If you correctly guess 'None' you get three points. MIA, CHC, and HOU don't count for either part of this question.
4. Dan Straily is back with the big team, and back in a pennant race. His August 8th start against Anaheim was by far his worst major league start, giving up eight hits, four home runs, and five earned runs in under five innings. Does his do-over go better? Guess Straily's H/BB/ER/HR/#pitches +/-3 [ 2 points each]
5. I am a stud: For each team, predict which non-pitcher will have the highest single game WPA in the series. Now predict which non-pitcher will have the highest single game pLI in the series. [3 points each]
6. Mike Trout is still having an amazing year, though he has regressed lately. By regressed, I mean he's down to a .329 BA, .394 OBP, and .568 SLG. Guess his PA/H/BB/RBI/K for the series. [2 points each] Does he play (not necessarily start) any position other than CF during the series? [1 point]
Answers due by Monday @ 7:05pm PDT