Note: If you don't like all caps, this GOG is not for you.
I REFUSE TO BE THE FINAL A'S GOG-HOST OF THE 2012 SEASON, SO WE DAMN BETTER GET FURTHER THAN A WILDCARD GAME.
The A's are guaranteed a Wild Card spot as long as they win at least one game. Of course, the division is so much better and it means not facing Cookie Cookie Sabathia or the Baltimore Orioles in a one-game playoff.
1- Series. Outcome. (3 points).
2. PLAYOFFSSSSSSS. Who are the A's playing in their 163rd game (they are guaranteed one, so nobody is not an acceptable answer)? (2 points) Is it a Wild Card game, Tiebreaker for WC2, or a ALDS game? (2 points).
3. PIE! Is there pie this series? If so, how many individuals get pied? (2 points). Who? (5 points each; limited by number guessed in first part).
4. STARZ AND GOATZ: For each team, guess the three highest and three lowest single-game non-starting pitching WPAs for the series. (3 points each) Are there any non-SP WPAs over 0.200? (1 point). Any under -0.200? (1 point).
NOTE: Which game a player acquired their highest/lowest WPA score in DOES NOT MATTER. If the three highest A's single game WPAs are all from Monday, then those 3 will be your answers. You don't get double credit for a player; so if you think Tyson Ross has 2 of the 3 highest game WPAs, you have to guess Tyson Ross twice.
5. Starting Pitching, Game Score edition. Arrange any four of the six A's and Rangers starting pitchers from highest to lowest game score for the series. If a starter is scratched his replacement is a straight substitution. (2 points each).
6. King Felix- Felix Hernandez is awesome, he has a King's Court (and sometimes a Supreme Court) in Seattle, and he gets his last start of the season against a floundering Angels team fighting for existence. Predict his IP/H/ER/BB/K. (2 points each).
7. Who wins the AL East? (2 points)
8. HR High Rolling: As many players from either team that hits a HR this series. (2 points each, but -2 for any incorrect guesses, floor set at 0).