The A's come back home to end the regular season, starting with the Mariners for three games. Will the fact that they don't have to face King Felix help them in their quest for the Division and/or Wildcard?
1. Series Outcome: 3 games (3 points)
2. Pitching Prowess: With bullpens being taxed lately, it's up to the starters to go deeper into games. Which ones go the deepest? Rank all six starting pitchers for this series in order of number of innings they pitch from most to fewest. (2 points for each pitcher in the correct order; ties score points if the tied pitchers are still in correct order when swapped; 12 points total)
3. Dingerz: We have a couple of day games, which helps the ball travel! For each team, guess the number of total HR hit for the series. (3 points each) Guess two players from each team who hit a HR (nobody is valid for one or both answers) (2 points each; 14 total)
4. Penz: If those starters don't go the distance, we may need to see the bullpens more than we'd like! For each team's bullpen, guess Over/Under/Tie: 8 IP / 4 ER / 1 Save / 7 K / 4 BB (1 point each, 10 total)
5. Obligatory WPA. Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 6 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Donaldson," he can lead the A's in any of the three games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) (2 points each, 12 total)
6. Wildcard Watch: How many teams (from both the AL & NL) get eliminated from the Wildcard by the end of Sunday's games? (1 point) Name the teams that are eliminated. (2 points each; Number of guesses limited by the number that you guessed in the first part of this question. 1 to [1+(2*correct teams)] points total)
Answers due before gametime on Friday!