Wow! I hope July never ends! The A's are currently 9-1 in July, while the Rangers sit at 4-6 during the month. Can the A's keep the hot streak alive against the division leader? They come in for a quickie two-game set that should act as a good warm-up for the weekend series against the Yanks.
1. Series Outcome: 2 games (2 points)
2. Roy: It appears that Oswalt gets a chance to pitch against the A's once every 5 years! In his first appearance against them, in June 2002, he only went 5.2 innings and got the loss after giving up 4 ER. His next outing, in June 2007, he increased his innings all the way to 6.0 and got a ND after giving up only 3 ER. So, now in July 2012, he get's his third shot. Is third time the charm? Guess Oswalt's IP / H / ER / K / BB. (2 points each, 10 total)
3. Sluggers: The A's have been hitting the ball out of the park the past couple of games, with 8 HR in only 2 games! Can the Rangers keep up with the A's power? For the series, guess A's/Rangers/Tie: More HR / More XBH / More H / More RBI (2 points each, 8 total)
4. Travis: Blackley did well against the Rangers his last time out, going 7 IP and only allowing one run. Can he do it again? Guess Blackley's IP / H / ER / K / BB (2 points each, 10 total)
5. Cespy: Cespedes hasn't played in the field recently, but that hasn't slowed down his bat! Guess his PA / H / XBH / K / BB for the series. Does he start a game in the field? (2 points each, then 1 point, 11 total)
6. Relief: For each team's bullpen for the series, guess Over/Under/Tie: 5 IP / 2 ER / 1 Save / 5 K / 2 BB (1 point each, 10 total)
7. Wildcard Watch: As of Sunday, the A's, Tigers and Rays are all 0.5 games back from the second wildcard spot held by the Orioles. After the games on Wednesday, predict the order of these four teams in the wildcard standings. (Here's the catch, the A's only play 2 games while everyone else plays 3!) (1 point for each team in correct order as seen in MLB.com's standings page, 4 points possible)
55 points possible. Answers due before gametime on Tuesday.