1) Series outcome - Three games at home versus the now tied-for-second place in the AL East Boston Red Sox. (3 points)
2) WAR leaders, we love you. I probably should not admit that I love Big Papi, but love him I do. Not only is he a great hitter, but he's got that je ne sais quoi about him - call it outspoken-ness. I like the guy. I also love the A's WAR Leader, Monsueir Reddick. In fact I like him more because he's ours, damn it. Thanks Boston!! Predict for each: PA / H / HR / BB / K. Additionally, among these two fine players, who has the higher WPA for the series? (2 pts each, 1 pt - 21 possible)
3) Welcome back, Carter! Yes, the line was predictable, but was his call up and his line in Texas? He impressed in Tex, with 7 AB, 4 runs scored, 1 double, and 2 HRs. Are the A's finally going to give him a proper long look at 1B? For the series, predict Carter's PA / HR / BB / K. Does he get a start at DH? If he gets a start at 1B, does he make an error? (2 pts each, 1 pt, 1 pt - 10 possible)
4) Pitching wins ball games! On paper, I like the A's pitchers in the first two games (even though the starter for the A's game #2 remains TBD - go A's!). Games aren't played on paper, though, and they're predicted here first. For each team's starting pitchers, in the aggregate, guess IP , BB, K, ER, W, L, ND. (2 pts each,10 possible) Who records the highest GS among starters for both teams - who is it and what is the GS? (2 pts for the guy, and 5 pts if GS within 5; 7 pts possible)
5) Obligatory bullpen question. As we all know, the A's traded this man to Boston in the off season (a damn fine trade for the A's so far). He was to be their closer, but alas, thumb surgery has kept him off the field so far this season. But don't feel bad for Boston - they found a replacement and he's doing all right. How many appearances for Aceves this series? Does he allow a HR? For the A's, Ryan Cook is the A's lone All Star. How many appearances does Cook make in the series? How many walks does he issue? Which team's bullpen gives up more ER? Which team's bullpen records more holds? (1 pt each, 6 possible)
6) Odd & ends
a) Do the A's commit any errors in the series? If so, who and how many? (1 pt, 2 pt if right guy and correct guess # is one, 5 pts if correct guess as to how many and more than one)
b) Does Cespdes hit a HR? If yes, off whom? (1 pt, 5 pts if off whom correct)
c) Does Cody Ross hit a HR? If yes, off whom? (1 pt, 5 pts if off whom correct)
d) Does a rookie in either line up hit a HR? If so, who first? (1 pt, 5 pts if correct player)
e) Total attendance greater then 100,000 for the series? (1 pt) Guess the series actual attendance within 5000. (5 pts)
7) Represent! Give yourself 1 pt for each game you attend, local A's fans. NRAF, give yourself a point for each game you watch in the presence of a Boston fan.
Total 89 points possible, though not likely. Happy 4th!!