The Motor City Kitties are in town for a four game series. Verlander....Fielder...Cabrera... No problem! We got this!
1. Series Outcome (4 games) (4 points)
2. Mr. Cy Young/MVP Do we make an actual Cy Young winner look like a Cy Young winner? Guess Verlander's IP/ER/H/BB/K for his start on Sunday. (2 points each) (10 total)
3. He's ours now! How does Inge fair against his old team? Guess his PA/H/XBH/BB/K for the series. (2 points each) (10 total)
4. Power Hitters We have Cespedes (26H/5HR/29K/9BB) and Reddick (31H/6HR/21K/7BB). They have Fielder (34H/5HR/20K/14BB) and Cabrera (31H/7HR/17K/10BB) [stats as of Wed. afternoon]. For each category guess which pair combined for the series has: More H / More HR / Fewer K / More BB. Guesses can be: A's / Tigers / Tied (2 points each) (8 total)
5. Our Cy Young Hey! We have a Cy Young winner of our own! Colon has not had a win in his past three games. Guess is IP/ER/H/BB/K for his start. Does he get the Win? (2 points each, then 1 point) (11 total)
6. AL Non-East The standings are getting a little bunched up past the leading team in both the AL Central and AL West. Based upon Wins only, guess the order of DET/CWS/KC and OAK/SEA/LAA from most Wins to fewest Wins by the end of play on Sunday. (1 point for each team in correct order. Ties broken by W/L standings.) (6 points total) (Update: Answer for Central and West separately.)
7. High WPA Name the position players with the highest WPA for each team, each game. That makes 8 total guesses (you can name the same player twice if you think they'll do it twice). It does not matter which game the player has the highest WPA. (That is, if you guess "Suzuki," he can lead the A's in any of the four games for you to score points. If he leads in two games, you only get points for one, unless you name him twice.) (2 points each) (16 total)
65 points possible. Answers due by gametime Thursday night! Go A's!