The A's are fresh off of a surprising 5-4 roadie, where they took home two rather improbable victories in Tampa Bay and
managed to steal defeat from the jaws of victory last Sunday in Baltimore. Will home be as good to them as this roadie was? We will find out!
Questions (43 points possible)
1. Series Outcome (2 games!) 2 pts
2. Jose Bautista sits on the "Tango line", one might say, with a wOBA of .299. (Okay, I just made that up.) Does he finish this series above, below, or exactly at a .300 wOBA? (2 pts). While you're at it, why don't you predict his PA/H/K for the series? (2 pts each) (8 total)
3. Brandon McCarthy finally chalked up his 2nd victory of the year in Boston last week. Does he get a victory this week against the Canadians? (1 pt). Brandon is leading MLB in hits allowed with 50; that said, he's given up only 5 hits each in his last 2 starts. Does McCarthy allow greater than, less than, or equal to 5 hits against the Jays? (2 pts) What are his K/BB for the game? (2 pts each) Does he allow an HR? (2 pts) (9 total)
4. Yoenis Cespedes hasn't homered since his game-typing shot against the Pale Hose last homestand. Does he HR this series? (2 pts) Does he steal a base? (1 pt) Does he have a CS (1 pt) How many RBI? (2 pts) (6 total)
5. Does any team have a player get TOOTBLANed this series? "TOOTBLAN" is "thrown out on the basepaths like a nincompoop", meaning that someone is either picked off a base, thrown out trying to stretch a hit, doubled off by not getting back to the base after a lineout/flyout, or thrown out advancing on such a lineout/flyball. (2 pts)
6. Everything about Ryan Cook is scary. How much Melvin uses him, how many guys he walks, and trying to think of how to hit that devastating slider. Give me his app/IP/BB/K (2 pts each, 8 total)
7. Obligatory WPA question, nincompoop edition. GIve me two position players on each team that end up with a NEGATIVE WPA for any one game (2 pts each, 8 total)
Answer due by gametime Tuesday. Join me for the gamethread as well!