I was fortunate enough to get some time off this weekend and make the trip from New Jersey to Baltimore for two of the three games this series. Unfortunately, I showed up when the A's offense decided to check out. I saw a few things that i wanted to comment on, good and bad. This is my first ever post on this site (hooray) so please comment with some feedback, thank you. I'll start it off with the bad things.
- Is it me, or does it look like Tyson Ross doesn't use his legs at all when he pitches? I was watching him pretty closely on Saturday and it just looked to me as if he's all arm and no legs. I feel like he could improve his overall pitching ability just by incorporating his legs more.
- I think Coco Crisp is still upset that Yoenis took the CF spot and that's why he's playing so bad.
- Luke Hughes is bad. Really bad.
- I understand that Wilson Betemit hit the ball well on his HR, but it wasn't a no-doubter. It really bothered me that as soon as it came off the bat, Reddick just turned around and jogged away. He could have at least showed some effort and tried to rob it.
- Bartolo Colon is an old, fat man. 90 pitches to him is like 130 to McCarthy or Parker. Take him out of the game there is no reason to leave him in there to start the 9th.
- We get behind in the count too often. I hate seeing our hitter take a 2-0 or 3-1 pitch. Swing the bat!
- I think Josh Reddick is going to be a good player for this team. I can see him be a 20-25 HR guy with a .270+ batting average. He also has a cannon for an arm, which is always a plus.
- Yoenis Cespedes is very fun to watch and I sincerely hope we do not trade him and he plays out his contract with the A's.
- Minus Grant Balfour and Brian Fuentes, I really have a lot of faith in this bullpen. Ryan Cook has been lights out and it was nice to see solid outings from Jerry Blevins and Pedro Figueroa.
- Seth Smith ranks 9th in the AL in BB! Isn't that cool?! .........hello?
- I think we're going to get a solid prospect/hitter out of Bartolo Colon at the deadline. He is pitching so well and if the Yankees and Red Sox pitching woes continue (I don't see why they wouldn't), they'll have to surrender something good.
- Even though we lost, I thought we hit the ball well on Sunday. Suzuki almost hit a couple out if he had put a little more mustard on it.
- Camden Yards is everything that i would want a ballpark to be. Why can't we have nice things?
- I like Eric Sogard's glasses.