With all of Nico's Car troubles, I thought it would be worth reporting on the Monster Jam at Oakland tonight; a few observations with respect to the Colliseum we all know and love....
1) It will take about to the end of April, for the cumulative A's home game Attendence to equal that of the attendence tonight
2) What has happened to the back exit lot on the South Parking????? Admittedly it was probably the playoffs in 2000 that I last needed to use it because the crowds were so bad.
3) I've not seen so many unnecessary jumps in the outfield since Erik Byrnes played Left.
4) I have a feeling Monster Jam leaves our field better than the Raiders do
5) It feels strange being on the upper deck with no value option, i.e. not needing to buy that $5 soda after your $5 hotdog to use the remaining $1 on your $6 worth of food.
6) Who on earth goes to a Monster Truck Rally without kids?
7) I haven't seen such circuitous routes taken on the outfield since T-Long played Center
8) The Bay Area still struggles to do Red Neck
9) Some of the trucks have better turning circles than Jack Cust with only marginally more weight
10) The colliseum is how we remember it - multiple levels of BS ticketmaster fields, weird smells, and restrooms that have really you should not go into after an hour
11) The manual scoring and scorers seem to be more efficient than the A's scorers and Jumbotron...
12) ... and the umpiring seems on the same level as MLB
13) "Grave Digger" seems an apt name for a vehicle traversing our field
Anyone else go want to add any more...