Assuming the A's roster is set, what would you all consider a successful 2012 season?
I would be THRILLED if the following occurred by the end of the 2012 season:
1. Our rotation has a healthy Anderson, Braden, and McCarthy, with Parker and Peacock performing at the major-league level.
3. 2 of these 3 players have solid/serviceable seasons with 450+ AB's: Allen/Carter/Taylor.
4. Through a lot of hustle and young, hungry players, the A's ACTUALLY IMPROVE by a game, winning 75.
This would actually be an exciting September Lineup (remember, not April lineup) to me:
1. Weeks, 2B .295?
2. Reddick, LF .280?
3. Allen, 1B 25 hr?
4. Carter, DH 25 hr?
5. Suzuki, C 15 hr?
6. Choice, CF Getting MLB Experience
7. Sizemore, 3B 15 hr?
8. Green, RF Getting MLB Experience
9. Pennington, SS 20 sb?
1. Anderson, LHP
2. McCarthy, RHP
3. Braden, LHP
4. Peacock / Parker, RHP
5. Gray, RHP
What do you all think? What would you consider a fantastic 2012 season?