Do your homework
Don't forget about GOG #00 for the whole season. My, weren't we optimistic?
1. Series outcome (3 points)
2. WPA: High roller edition. Name as many players (either team) who will have a positive cumulative WPA for the series. You can name as few or as many players as you want, but here's the catch: for every player you get correct, you get two points. If you guess ANY player who earns a negative WPA, you get zero points for the question. Anyone that doesn't play or gets a WPA of zero doesn't count for or against you.
3. It's almost certain that this year will be the first that Ichiro will not break 200 hits since he joined the M's in 2001. Predict his H/XBH/SB/RBI for the series. (2 points each)
4. Currently the Cards are one game behind Atlanta, and the Rays are one game behind Boston for each wild card, with Anaheim on the verge of being eliminated. Who wins the wild card in each division? (2 points each)
5. For each category, name one position player (either team) to accomplish the feat in the series (none is a possible answer): 4 or more hits, 4 or more RBIs, 3 or more SB, 3 or more strikeouts, 1 or more HR. (3 points each)
6. Jemile Weeks has busted out some power recently. Over the last seven days, he has 10 hits, six RBIs and two home runs (!). How many H/RBI/SB for Jemile? (2 points each)
7. Trevor Cahill is showing some signs of the great pitcher he is in his last few starts. Since August 1, Trevor has only gone into the 7th inning three times, however that includes his last two starts. How many IP, # of pitches (+/-3), hits, strikeouts, and walks for Cahill? (2 points each)
Answers due by Monday 7:10pm PDT