The battle of the teams with 2 of baseball's longest losing streaks this year continues, as we battle the Mariners for
3rd place highest draft position. Also, in this series, we mourn the roster spot of former A's and M's player and the likely unemployed Jack Cust, whose career teeters on the brink.
We also mourn the trade of the best joke-potential name in baseball, Doug Fister. Barely Knew ‘Er, friends.
1. Series Outcome (3 pts)
Gio Trevor or Bad? Cahill had a good start last time after previously getting shelled. Give me an over/under/tie for: 3 BB, 5K, 7IP, 2 SB allowed, 1.5 GB/FB ratio (2 points each, 10 total)
3. Battle of the Rookie 2Bman: Weeks vs. Ackley. Who among the two heralded rookies has more total bases for the series? (tie is okay) How many fielding errors are made by them combined? Who amongst those two amasses the highest total WPA score? (1, 1, then 2 points; 4 total)
4. Does Felix have the highest game score for the starters in the series? (2 points). Which starter posts the second-highest game score? (2 points)
5. As Susan Slusser tweeted, the A’s have now recorded at least 8 hits in a game for the 16th straight game, an Oakland record. Does this streak continue through the series (to 19 games)? (1 point) What is the highest hit total (+/- 1) the A’s post in a game in the series? Which A’s position player posts the highest single-game WPA score? (2 points)
6. Jordan Norberto will join the team in Seattle. Does he make an appearance this series? (1 point)
7. The A’s and M’s have the 2 lowest ISO’s in the AL by far, at .113 and .107 respectively. Does either team raise their collective ISO during the series? Which team has more XBH for the series? How many total runs are scored in the series (+/- 2 runs) (1, 2, and 2 points; 5 total)