In a game that was the start of a series deemed to be of utmost importance for the A's, they couldn't be bothered to show up.
Rich Harden was not good. Five innings, five runs, all earned--eight hits and two walks, including a home run to Michael Young. They scored a lot.
And Dick Williams died today.
Let's see....high points...
- They only scored six on us, which is less than seven and none of these earned runs go against our All-Star, Gio Gonzalez!
- Suzuki got two hits!
- Derek Holland is not Cy Young, but, as some in the thread pointed out, he was considered at one time to be a Brett Anderson-type prospect. So maybe the A's aren't as bad as they looked. But the Rangers having another awesome pitcher would be bad, so that's kind of a cup half-full/half-empty thing.
- The A's committed no errors.
- They loaded the bases and gave us a good tease in the ninth.
- Oh, and as the picture shows, Coco made a nice catch.
The A's do it again tomorrow, versus C.J. Wilson. It's Lawyerball time. Not much good to talk about these days. Might be time to start thinking about 2012.
4 game series vs Rangers @ Rangers Ballpark in Arlington
|Fri 07/08||5:05 PM PDT|
|Sat 07/09||5:05 PM PDT|
|Sun 07/10||12:05 PM PDT|