Jack Cust, Chone (shakes fist) Figginseseseses, and the surprising Mariners make their way to the O.Co starting with a rare 1PM Monday gametime. The A's pitching is finally getting healthier with Brandon McCarthy making his return from the stress reaction that kept him out for 6 weeks, and Andrew Bailey looking better every outing.
Back to American League baseball!
1. Series Outcome (3 points)
2. Only the goatz: Name two position-player goatz on each team (2 points each, 8 total)
3. McCarthy's return: Predict his IP/K/BB and number of pitches (+/- 3) (2 pts each, 8 total)
4. For each, predict whether the A's or Mariners' starters combined have more (tie is acceptable): IP, HR allowed, BB, GO (2 pts each, 8 total)
5. How many walks does Cust draw this series? Cust has 6 bases loaded walks this year. Does he have another this series? (1 pt each, 2 total)
6. Both of these teams are infamous for not scoring any runs. How many total runs are scored in the highest-scoring game of the series (2 points)? How many total runs in the series ( +/- 3 runs, 2 points)? Does the team who wins the series actually outscore the losing team overall? (1 point; 5 points overall)
7. In the postgame from 7/3, Melvin mentioned that while he liked Pennington in the two-hole, Sizemore had earned a spot there with a high OBP. Predict their respective lineup spots in Tuesday and Wednesday's games (1 point each). With that, whose series OBP is higher? (1 point) Who has more total bases for the series? (1 point; 6 points overall)