In between the always-popular Bay Bridge Series, and a neat former and current Philly team meetup, the A’s play the Mets in what is sure to be a ratings bonanza. The MelvinBall A’s are sporting a 5-game winning streak and hoping to extend.
Let’s hope we Madoff with a series win at the end of Thursday’s game.
1. Series Outcome (3 points)
2. Hitting Starz: Name two players on each team who record a positive WPA for the entire series (2 points each, 8 total)
3. Yikes! Matsui in the OF! How many chances does he handle out there for the series (+/- 1)? (2 points) Does he record an assist? (1 point) Does he hit his 500th pro HR this series? (1 point)
4. Weeeeeeeeeeeks! How many PA/H/K this series for him? (2 points each) Does he record a triple? (1 point) Does he record an SB? (1 point)
5. Starter vs. Starter: predict the higher game score of the first 2 starting matchups this series. (2 points each, 4 total)
6. Our least favorite nemesis is the Mets’ closer in Francisco Rodriguez. Predict his appearances, K’s, and BB’s this series. (1 point each, 3 total)
7. Give me an over/under/tie: 1 save for Bailey, 1 start for Willingham, 3 A’s series errors, 2 SB for Coco, 1 walk
cuss for Balfour.