The A's are riding low after a sweep to the hated Giants, and it doesn't get any easier here. The A's will face both of their staff aces in a 4-game series, and counter those two with two guys who were starting in AAA a week ago. On the bright side...
Seattle still sucks?
1. Series Outcome (4 points)
2. Sadly, the A's have lost a season high 5 straight games. Does the losing streak end this series? (1 pt) In what game do the A's break the streak? (1 pt) The Sharks also play on Tuesday, hoping to stave off elimination to the Canucks. Are there more goals scored by the Sharks, or runs scored by the A's? (2 pts) (If you know nothing about hockey, please click here to see the results of the last 4 Sharks games)
3. Excluding Tuesday (since I do not know the starter as of the writing of this GOG) which starter posts the highest game score in each game? (2 pts each, 6 total)
4. How many runs are scored by each team in the series (+/- 3 runs will get points)? (2 pts each, 4 total)
5. Give me an over, under, or tie for: 7 Cahill K's/3 Anderson BBs/5 innings for Tuesday's starter/4 SBs for Angels as a team/2 appearances by Fuentes (2 pts each)
6. Continuing with his hacky ways this season, Coco hasn't walked since last Monday against these same Angels. Does he walk at all this series? How many bases does he steal? How many times does he K? (1 pt each)
7. Starz only: Name the players who record the top 2 single-game WPA scores for the series for each team (2 pts each, 8 total
Finally, we need some more GOG writers. Please sign up for the remaining two GOGs this month:
5/27 – 5/29 — Orioles
5/30 – 6/1 — Yankees
We will figure out June soon.