After a disappointing series against the last-place Twins, the A's face another team that can't hit. We all know how well that worked out a few days ago.
On the plus side, #puddleball struck again, with a Cubs-Giants rainout pushing their rotation back a day, which means we miss Matt Cain and gain Ryan "Cy" Vogelsong. I don't think any of us mind that.
1. Series Outcome? (3 pts)
2. For this interleague weekend, the Rangers will play the Phillies, and the Angels play the Braves. Amazingly, we probably drew the long straw. Current standings show the Rangers leading the division, the A's at 1 back, and the Angels at 1.5 back. At the end of the weekend, predict the position each of those teams are in? (1 pt each)? How many GB are the 2nd, 3rd, and 4thplace teams in the AL West? (1 pt each)
3. Coco Crisp has hit safely in each of his last 5 games. Does he get a hit in the next game he plays? (2 pts) Predict Coco's BB's, K's, SB's, and XBH this series (2 pts each)
4. How many bullpen appearances are used by each team in this series? (+/- 1 appearance, 1 pt each) Whose bullpen has a higher total WPA for the series? (1 pt) Name a bullpen pitcher on each team who posts a negative single-game WPA. (1 pt each, 2 total)
5. The "big 3" will pitch for the A's in this series. Who among them: throws more pitches? Has more K's? Allows more BB's? Allows more hits? Has a better GB/FB ratio? (1 pt each)
6. Josh Willingham is still K'ing a lot. How many strickouts does he have this series? (2 pts) Does he have more looking or swinging (tie is also acceptable)? (1 pt)
7. Pitchers will bat! Do any pitchers from either team get a hit this series? (1 pt) Do any get on base in any way? (1 pt)