Ah, well well well, if it isn't one of my favorite series of the year. The first time I get to attend some A's game, rock my A's hear and hopefully see our A's bring those Angels back to life.
Shall we play a game?
1. Series Outcome [3 points]
2. Starz and Goatz, pick the player from each team with the highest and lowest TOTAL WPA accumulated over the 3 game series. [2 points each]
3. Angels have some pretty damn good pitchers taking the rubber on Monday and Wednesday. We have some good pitchers too, though. Haren, Weaver and McCarthy are all in the top 10 in pitcher WAR so far this year (2nd, 6th and 10th respectively per fangraphs). For each pitcher, predict if they will rise, drop or keep their place in pitcher WAR after all games are played on Wednesday [1 point each]
4. Which team will use more pitchers this series? Who walks more hitters? Who Ks more hitters? [1 point each]
5. The Angels outfield has 2 old guys with declining production and 1 young guy who's a defensive extraordinaire. Predict combined production between Peter Bourjos, Vernon Wells, and Torii Hunter: PAs, XBHs, OF assists [2 points each]
6. Were Saturday and Sunday a sign of this offense finally getting going? How many total runs for A's this series (answer must be +/- 1 for points)? Which Athletic has the most hits? Most walks? [2 points each]
7. We like Landon Powell and want him to play, please! Predict the total number of innings he plays this series (points if within +/- 1 inning). [2 points]