I'll take guesses until 2:30 p.m., PST on Sunday.
Some basic information about this year's Super Bowl:
Sunday, Feb. 6
Played in Cowboys Stadium, Dallas, TX
About the AFC Champion Steelers:
Key players: QB Ben Roethlisberger, RB Rashard Mendenhall, WRs Hines Ward and Mike Wallace, LBs Lawrence Timmons, James Harrison and James Farrior, FS Troy Polamalu
Roethlisberger, who has won two Super Bowls, missed the first part of the season after being suspended because of rape allegations. The Steelers got back into more of a rhythm after Roethlisberger returned, going 12-4 and winning the AFC North division. Pittsburgh is known for having a tough defense, led by Polamalu, regarded as one of the best defensive players of the game, and defensive coordinator Dick Lebeau. Harrison, the 2008 Defensive Player of the Year, has come under pressure by the NFL for dangerous hits. Last time he played in a Super Bowl, he intercepted a Kurt Warner pass and ran 100 yards for a touchdown. Two of the Steelers' receivers — Hines Ward and Antwaan Randle-El — played quarterback in college, so they have gone to the gadget play of a WR pass a few times throughout the years.
About the NFC Champion Packers:
Key players: QB Aaron Rodgers, WRs Donald Driver and Greg Jennings, DE Cullen Jenkins, DT B.J. Raji, LB Clay Matthews, CBs Charles Woodson and Tramon Williams
Aside from the green-and-gold colors, the Packers may appeal to many A's fans. The Packers have 15 players on Injured Reserve (basically, they were declared out for the season), including starters such as running back Ryan Grant, linebackers Nick Barnett and Brady Poppinga and tackle Mark Tauscher. QB Aaron Rodgers had an amazing year, ending the regular season as the highest-rated passer in the NFC (3,922 yards, 28 TD, 11 INT). The Packers have relied on running back by committee, with Brandon Jackson, James Starks and John Kuhn all getting playing time. Green Bay also is known for a stingy defense, led by Pro Bowl LB Clay Matthews and large nose tackle B.J. Raji. Tramon Williams is also one of the game's better kick returners.
GUESSES ABOUT THE GAME:
1. Who wins? (GB is a slight favorite)
Green Bay (5 points), Pittsburgh (6 points)
2. Final score?
Correct score, exact (25 points)
3. Who throws for the most yards?
GB — Aaron Rodgers (5 points), backup Matt Flynn (15 points)
PIT -— Ben Roethlisberger (5 points), backup Byron Leftwich (15 points)
Any third-string quarterback (20 points)
4. Which team is the first to have a non-quarterback throw a pass?
Pittsburgh (5 points), Green Bay (10 points), Neither (2 points)
5. Which linebacker earns the most sacks? (Ties pay both)
GB — Clay Matthews (5 points), A.J. Hawk (6 points), Erik Walden (7 points)
PIT — James Harrison (5 points), Lamarr Woodley (6 points), James Farrior (7 points)
6. Does this game go to overtime?
No (5 point), Yes (15 points)
7. Does James Harrison get a roughing the passer penalty?
Yes (5 points), No (10 points)
8. Does either team have a running back reach 100 rushing yards?
Pittsburgh (5 points), Green Bay (10 points), Neither (7 points), Both (15 points)
9. In what quarter does Green Bay's Tramon Williams return a punt for a touchdown?
1st (5 points)
2nd (6 points)
3rd (7 points)
4th (8 points)
Overtime (20 points)
He doesn't (5 points)
10. Which player makes the first reception of the third quarter?
GB — Donald Driver (5 points), Greg Jennings (5 points), Jordy Nelson (6 points), James Jones (6 points), Brandon Jackson (6 points), Andrew Quarless (7 points), Tom Crabtree (7 points), James Starks (7 points), John Kuhn (7 points), BJ Raji (15 points).
PIT — Hines Ward (5 points), Mike Wallace (5 points), Heath Miller (6 points), Antwaan Randle-El (6 points), Rashard Mendenhall (6 points), Mewelde Moore (7 points), Isaac Redman (7 points), Emmanuel Sanders (7 points), Matt Spaeth (7 points)
None of the above (10 points)
GUESSES ABOUT FUN STUFF:
1. First song played by the Black Eyed Peas at halftime? (warning... songs all link to YouTube)
The Time (Dirty Bit) - 5 points
Let's Get It Started - 6 points
Boom Boom Pow - 7 points
I Gotta Feeling - 8 points
Imma Be - 9 points
Pump It - 10 points
None of the above - 15 points
A cover of a song by a different artist - 20 points
2. Jerry Jones, Cowboys owner and creator of Cowboys Stadium, is brought into the FOX booth with Troy AIkman and Joe Buck in the...
1st quarter (5 points), 2nd quarter (7 points), 3rd quarter (8 points), 4th quarter (10 points), Not at all (15 points)
3. Christina Aguilera's National Anthem - under or over one minute, thirty seconds? (Just the song, not any presentation)
Over (5 points), Under (10 points)
4. The dominant color of Joe Buck's tie
Blue (5 points), Red (6 points), Purple (7 points), Green (8 points), Black (8 points), Pink (9 points), Gold (10 points), Barry Zito's zig-zag design (30 points). None of the above (10 points)
5. First commercial after actual live football action is a...
Beer company (5 points)
Snack food company (7 points)
Soda company (9 points)
Movie trailer (9 points)
Anything related to the stock market or a .com (10 points)
Shoe company (10 points)
Cell phone company (11 points)
Clothing company (13 points)
Car company (15 points)
Hard alcohol (15 points)
Tax company (20 points)
LeBron James' Rise (30 points)
Brett Favre parody of Rise (50 points)
None of the above (20 points)
6. Will a punted ball hit the 60-yard long HD screen above the field?
No (5 points), Yes (15 points)
7. Does a current MLB player get face time during the game?
No (5 points), Yes (10 points)
8. Does a crazed, drunken fan run onto the field?
No (5 points), Yes (20 points)
9. Will someone remark to YonYonson during the Super Bowl party that the home team Cowboys aren't playing?
Yes (10 points and I hate you)
10. Coin toss result
Heads (10 points), Tails (15)