After a frustrating series In Texas the A's make their way to Chi-Town to face the surging White Sox.
1. Series Outcome [3 points]
2. Starz and Goatz: Name the player from each team that will accumulate the highest and lowest WPA totals for their respective teams. [2 points each, 8 possible]
3. Our version of a July acquisition is the return of Brett Anderson tonight. How does he fare in his first start back? Predict his IP/H+BB/K/ pitch count (+/- 3 pitches) [2 points each, 8 total]
4. Looks like a combination of guys will be pitching the late innings as Andrew Bailey was sent to the DL today. How many save opportunities (in the 9th inning or later) do the A's have this series? Who will get a chance to close a game out? Will the A's blow a save this series? [1 point each, 3 total]
5. Why not? Does Cust hit a HR in the series? Does he walk more than 2 times in the series? How mant times does he K? [2 points each, 6 total]
6. Over/Under 5.5 XBH for the A’s this series? Over/Under 10 Hits for the A’s this series? [2 points each, 4 total]
7. Reliever J.J. Putz had tossed a franchise-record 27 consecutive scoreless appearances before giving up two runs to the woeful Mariners. Perhaps he was anxious pitching against his old team. Guess the totals for Putz in the series? Appearances, ER, K. [1 point each, 3 total]
8. First baseman Daric Barton has only 1 BB in the last 7 games he played in, how many this series? [2 points]
9. Gio Walked 3 batters in his last start. How many BB does he issue against CWS? How many K? [2 points each, 4 total]
10. Predict which A's starter will gave the least of each: IP, K, ER, BB, pitch count [1 point each, 5 total]
Big, huge thanks to micdog2001 for letting me borrow some questions! Sorry it took so long.
First pitch is tonight at 5:10 PST!