After a disappointing Cubs series, our elephants take on a bigger challenge in playing the Cardinals in St. Louis. Further, we also get the pleasure of facing Chris Carpenter and Adam Wainwright, two of the better right-handed pitchers of the last several years.
Don't forget to score the last GOG
This GOG has 50 possible points
- Series Outcome (3 points)
- WPA seems to be popular. Let’s limit it to pitchers, though: which pitchers from each team post the highest and lowest individual game WPAs (all numbers from Fangraphs, 2 pts each, 8 total)
- As mentioned in the intro, both Chris Carpenter and Adam Wainwright are scheduled to pitch in this series. What are their combined strikeouts for the series? Combined walks? (2 pts each, 4 total)
- Bob Geren seems to consult a magic 8-ball for many things, including lineup choices. Do we field the same lineup for any of the three games (excluding pitchers)? (+/- 1 point)
- Speaking of being shafted, Rajai’s been doing well recently but sat for Wednesday’s game after going 3-4 in the previous game. Predict his PA/H/K/SB (1 point each, 4 total)
- Jack Cust was having an affair with a .300 average, but he dropped her to .289. Does he raise it to .300 or over by the end of the series? Also, predict his statistical trifecta: HR/BB/K (2 pts each, 8 total)
- We need to have Mazzaro World on Friday if we are to have a chance against Carpenter. Predict Vin’s IP/H/BB/K (2 pts, 8 total)
- Those SOB LOBs!: The A’s left 23 runners on in the Cubs series. Predict the A’s team LOB +/- 5 for this series. What is the highest individual LOB on the A’s in any of the three games? Who holds that dubious honor? (2 pts, 1 pt, and 1 pt, so 4 points total)
- Jeff Suppan isn’t much of a strikeout pitcher. Over his career, he has around 5 K’s/9 IP. How many A’s does he K on Sunday? How many walks does he issue? (2 pts each, 4 total)
- Unfortunately, that Jake Fox for Albert Pujols trade never materialized. If only, because that Poo-holes guy is kinda good. Predict his H/XBH/HR (2 pts each, 6 total)
Alright, go A’s! Shuffle over the Cards!