We have to be going all the way this year. Dan Plesac and John Hart picked the A's to finish in last place. Even though Baseball Prospectus picked the A's to finish in a tie for 1st place (albeit at 2 games over .500).Do I have anything profound to add? No. We're in first place in the AL West during Spring Training. Does that count? No. Did Duke look good good yesterday? Yes. Did Ben Sheets inspire confidence during his MLBN interview? No, not really.
What am I happy about about the 2010 Oakland A's:
1. Kurt Suzuki batting #3;
2. Trevor Cahill making #5 in the rotation (say I'm wrong, I dare you);
3. The Duke throwing 4 innings;
4. Coco hitting a multi-run homer in Spring Training;
5. Ryan Sweeney is gonna rock this year!
6. The A's defense being above average... just to prove the dickheads (can I say that?) on MLBN wrong!!!
7. The A's win 106 games in 2010 and go to the World Series!
I probably forgot a few things I'm happy about... remind me LB.