I think it might be cool to let everyone give their 2 cents on free agent destinations.
for mlbtraderumors.com predictions
Just want to let people know that these are my predictions and that they will probably be 90% wrong. =P
These are my predictions (1-25)
1) Cliff Lee-Yankees 6yrs/150mil This is simply too much money for Lee to pass up.
2) Carl Crawford-Angels 6yrs/120mil I see the Angels getting one of Crawford/Beltre/Werth; its basically a toss up.
3) Adrian Beltre-A's 4yrs/52mil I'm sure this is just my heart talking, but its possible if we severely overpay.
4) Jayson Werth-Red Sox 5yrs/90 mil They need some reliable outfielders, and he's been pretty healthy for a couple of years
5) Adam Dunn-Cubs 3yrs/30mil Dunn doesn't want to DH and Cubs love his home run potential in Wrigley.
6) Victor Martinez-Tigers 4yrs/40mil Tigers have money to spend and they need a backstop
7) Rafael Soriano-Angels 3yrs/30 mil Rodney and Fuentes didn't work. Going keep trying until they find a closer
8) Mariano Rivera-Yankees who else?
9) Paul Konerko- White Sox 2yrs/20 mil Konerko means too much to the White Sox to let go.
10) Derek Jeter-Yankees Next
11) Hiroki Kuroda- Orioles 2yrs/20 mil They desperately need SP and willing to overpay.
12) Jorge De La Rosa- Nationals 3yrs/30mil Nationals won't get Cliff Lee and will have to settle for JDLR
13) Carl Pavano-Twins 2yrs/18mil I don't see him going anywhere else
14) Jake Westbrook-Cardinals 3yrs/27mil Started pitching insanely good when he came to St. Louis
15) Aubrey Huff-Giants 2yrs/20mil Sabean will give Huff this ridicuous contract even with Brandon Belt ready
16) Juan Uribe-Giants 2yrs/15mil Nothing new for Sabean
17) Carlos Pena-Orioles 1yr/6mil Orioles need power and Pena needs to regain his value for next year.
18) Jim Thome- Twins 1yr/8mil Crazy good numbers last year for the Twins; will definitely stay
19) Vladimir Guerrero-Rangers 1yr/7mil Guerrero needs Arlington to be productive
20) Manny Ramirez-Indians 1yr/4mil Indians will want to put butts in seats. I can see Ramirez going back where his career began
21) Magglio Ordonez-A's 2yrs/13mil I'm hoping he comes to play DH/RF for us. .300avg 20hrs 100rbi
22) Orlando Hudson-Mets 3yrs/20mil They need to get rid of Ruben Tejada.
23) Derek Lee- Red Sox 1yr/8mil With Beltre probably leaving; Red Sox will want a new 1st baseman and move Youkillus to 3rd.
24) Lance Berkman-Diamondbacks 1yr/4mil Diamondbacks need 1st baseman and leadership.
25) Andy Pettite-Yankees look at Jeter/Rivera
Let the predicting begin