Hopefully, many of you can offer advice that can help me, and perhaps countless others who may have similar needs in the near future...
The time has come to go to Digital TV, High Definition (my state-of-the-19th-century TV currently has Comcast's Luddite Basic Cable Plan), but I need some feedback on what to seek, and what to avoid, in terms of flat screen TVs and accompanying cable connection/service. Here's what I'm looking for - and not looking for...
* 42" or so flat screen - are there any brands, types you especially recommend or recommend against?
* Access to cable stations such as KICU, CSN, CSN+, ESPN, etc.
* A cable plan that is affordable (with Comcast I currently pay $65/month).
Not looking for:
* A cable system that goes out constantly and has horrible customer service.
* A cable plan that charges a lot so I can access a bunch of channels I don't watch.
So what do people recommend, and why? And where would you recommend shopping, buying?
THANK YOU in advance for any helpful feedback you can offer!