Whassup AN!? I'm coming at you live from an Internet/Manga shop in Tokyo, Japan! Let me tell you, this is one crazy city. Crazy enough to let the A's steal away two wins to start the season? We will see...
First of all, are there any other ANers in the Land of the Rising Sun? Hit me up! We can cheer the A's on to victory together.
Second, my Five Questions for opening day:
1. Will Blanton be able to keep the Red Sox in the ball park?
I have seen hella Japanese games played in Tokyo Dome and let me tell you, its a band box. I think Ryan Howard hit like 30 home runs when he was over here last year. And we all know the Sox have some power... go get em Joe!
2. Will Matsuzaka honer his home country by dispatching Athletics lineup like a samurai with a new katana?
People are SO NUTS about him out here. He's on TV every seven minutes doing an interview, in an add, featured in a sports news clip of him jogging... yes, Dice-K JOGGING is news here... it crazy! But maybe all the hype will backfire. Maybe he will be so pumped up that he wont be able to find the zone early and Oakland can take advantage. But then he might have to commit simpuku (ritual suicide) for having dishonored his country. This could happen.
3. Will any member of the Athletics get food poising form eating Sushi and/or other adventurous Japanese food forcing them to miss the game?
Knowing the A's history with injuries, freak and otherwise, I don't even wanna go there.
4. How many home runs will Jack Cust hit?
I put the over/under for the two games at two. Hey, I'm an As fan that been drinking sake all day, give me a break!
5. Will I be able to teach my entire section the LET'S GO OAKLAND chant?
Yes, the WILL happen. It's my single goal of my whole trip! I'm gonna make signs in Japanese and everything:
レツ ゴ オークアン!! clap...clap...clap clap clap レツ ゴ オークアン...