Happy Birthday to Mike Piazza! He's 107 years old today! He doesn't look a day over 39.
To the links!
- Some lady in Texas claims she found el chupacabra. Which one is it?
- He's going to be sliced and diced! But can he make julienne fries? In case you missed it, Eric Chavez might need two surgeries! TWO!
- In SuSlu's game recap, she updates us on some fella named Bobby Crosby.
- Crosby plans to play soon: Shortstop Bobby Crosby, who is rehabbing from a broken left hand, said he believes he'll get into some games before the end of the season. He's trying to regain strength in the hand after having the cast removed 10 days ago, and he was hopeful he'd be cleared to resume baseball activity after seeing hand specialist Dr. Stephen Shin on Monday evening.
Crosby got the MLB TV package so he could follow the A's while away from the team, but he wasn't entirely up to date.
I wonder how Crosby likes those Saturday Fox blackouts....
She also notes that Donnie Murphy is back from the DL, Jay Marshall has left the team to attend his grandmother's funeral, and Dan Meyer was brought up due to Marshall's absence.
- Just cut it off!
- Roger Clemens got banged up by the Seattle Mariners, and then quickly left the clubhouse after the Yankees' 7-1 loss on Monday to get an MRI exam on his balky right elbow.
The 45-year-old Clemens, who allowed five runs and eight hits in four innings to lose for the first time since July 28 at Baltimore, felt his elbow tighten up during the game, manager Joe Torre said.
- I'm going to kill one of my coworkers today. She thinks she's dying... I can help her out. No link.
- Juan Encarnacion is done for the year. Juan was hit in the eye while waiting in the on-deck circle on Friday.
- Dr. George Paletta was not optimistic Sunday that the outfielder will regain full vision after his frightening injury and resume his career.
- Finally, This study informs us that rock stars more likely to die before the rest of us. Really? I can't believe that. At all.
That's it. Dump 'em!