Do you hear that choking sound? It's either me or the Cleveland Native Americans.
- Yesterday was jlaff's birthday! Today is 0R0H0E'S! Happy birthday, folks!
- BAT BOY LIVES!
- The World Series starts Wednesday on Fox. Tim Kurkjian has five key WS questions, including was the Red Sox do about Papi starting in Colorado.
- How can [Ortiz] not start at first base? And yet, how can you take first baseman Kevin Youkilis out of the lineup? He had 10 hits in his last 16 at-bats in the ALCS. He is the perfect grinder for the No. 2 hole. And no 2-3-4 hitters have ever had a higher on-base percentage and higher slugging percentage in any postseason series than Youkilis, Ortiz and Manny Ramirez had against the Indians in the ALCS.
But if Youkilis doesn't play first base, where does he play? Anywhere? He can play left field, but playing him in left, Ramirez in right and Ortiz at first weakens the Red Sox in three positions defensively (Youkilis didn't make an error this season). How about Youkilis at third and Mike Lowell at shortstop? That weakens them even more at three spots. Either Youkilis or Ortiz is going to have to sit. No matter what the Red Sox do, they will be at a disadvantage in Denver.Where is Jake Plummer, you ask?
- Right here! Thank you Deadspin.
- On the road again
- ESPN reports Larry Bowa has been offered a job with the Mariners. A "personal matter" is the reason Bowa has yet to confirm his new position.
- I knew something was up
Hell was getting ready to freeze over! Snowstorm forces Rockies' home workout inside.
For fun, a cute puppy:
That's it. Please add links.