Tonight you saw the true strength of this team.
Crosby still hurt; Chavez 0-5; Thomas 0-4 and....
1) After 4 starts that can be reasonably classified as horrible, shaky, schizophrenic and lousy, all our #5 starter does is go out and throw two-hit baseball for 8 innings.
Does anyone realize that since the end of May last year, Blanton has been one of the 5 most effective starting pitchers in the game???
- Kotsay is back (no pun intended) this year-- in the field and at the plate;
- Bobby who?? Scoot has been terrific this week;
- Swish's average sucks but he's come up with a couple of huge hits;
- and what can you say about the Gamer? After a baserunning blunder costs the team one run and probably two (and don't forget that his walk was a big part of that rally), all he does is walk again, steal, force a bad throw and set the table for another 3 run rally to ice the game.