Sorry for two in a row, but this really needed to be shared.
Bill King. Man, hard to say how we feel. Good job A's for the patch and more.
A video and audio tribute as part of the Opening Night ceremonies on Monday, April 3rd prior to the A's-Yankee game at 7:05 pm. There will also be a moment of silence to honor Bill's memory prior to the National Anthem.
- Opening Night ceremonies will also include the unveiling of an in-stadium tribute to Bill prior to first pitch. The signage will be displayed just above the A's radio booth.
- A specially designed "Holy Toledo" patch will be worn by A's players and coaches on the sleeve of the home white uniforms during the course of the 2006 season. The logo is also a prominent feature in the team's 2006 media guide.
- The A's radio booth will be named "The Bill King Broadcast Booth."
- A's radio broadcasts on Friday, Saturday and Sunday of this season will feature one of Bill's many memorable calls during his 25 seasons of broadcasting A's games.
- The A's have established a Bill King Scholarship Fund of $2,500, which will be awarded annually to a Bay Area college student majoring in broadcasting.
- Hank Greenwald has penned a special tribute of his longtime friend and colleague for the first issue of A's Magazine, which will be on sale at the ballpark through May 7th.