Let us pause a moment to consider the pathetic Yankees.
- Look what $220,000,000 buys: Jack shit.
- Fastest change from "Best offense ever" to "Most overrated offense ever." Joe Morgan: Wrong again (said this was greatest offense ever).
- Regardless of who we want the A's to play, it's great to see these 25 Grade A assholes and their management lose. After Game 1, everybody thought it was over and Cashman was on ESPN sounding smug as hell.
- Congratulations to Jason Giambi, who took the money to go to a team that benched him in an elimination game. Enjoy the view from the bench. I'm sure it's miserable.
- Congratulations to A-Rod on becoming the most miserable and maligned player in major league baseball. Life is so much better for Marco Scutaro than you right now. No, wait, life is so much better for Antonio Perez right now.
- Is there anything funnier than Wright-LIDLE-Bruney-Proctor with the season on the line. And your payroll is $80 million higher than the next closest team? So great to see this pathetic collection of mercenaries humiliated.
- Barry Zito is making, like, 10 million more dollars than he already would have because of this series. Steinbrenner is going to drive the price of pitching insanely high. Hope Zito doesn't go to them, though. He'll be miserable--too.
- Yankees record in post-season since 2000 is awful. No World Series wins and plenty of embarrassment.
- Blowing a lead to Arizona in the 9th inning of Game 7.
- Having their ass kicked by the Angels.
- The choke job against the underdog Marlins--in six.
- The biggest ever choke job against the Red Sox. The only team ever to blow a 3-0 lead.
- Another loss to the Angels--who even remembers a play from that series, and it was all in prime time.
- And now this: losing in four game to a team that bumbled into the playoffs, having just been swept by the Royals, their pitching in shambles.
What a horrible run of playoff failure.
So, really, fuck the Yankees. They're worthless, pathetic, overpaid losers.